Among the many benefits of membership in the Knights of Columbus is prayer...not only for our Church and our endeavors, but for our Brothers and their families, particularly in times of need.
From the founding of our Order by Fr. Michael J. McGivney in 1882, prayer has been the cornerstone of the Knights of Columbus. Each Knight has received a Rosary blessed by the Supreme Chaplain. Deceased Knights and their wives, as well as deceased members of our Squires program are prayed for at a Daily Mass of Remembrance at St. Mary's Church - The Birthplace of our Order.
Through the requested prayers of the Order made at the annual Supreme Convention, and the prayers requested at our monthly Assembly business meeting, we continue the longstanding tradition of mutual assistance and prayer. We ask that you keep the intentions listed below in your prayers:
- For SK Nicholas J. Lee as he continues his studies for the priesthood.
- For our Brother Knights in Ukraine during this time of turmoil.
- For our Brother Knights in Baghdad during this time of turmoil.
- For Christians in the Middle East, especially those facing persecution.
- For all who suffer and are afflicted by acts of terror regardless of location or of their background. We pray especially for those Christians in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia who suffer from acts of terror and violence. May God be with these people for strength, courage, and conviction in the face of persecution and violence.
- For the repose of the soul of Br. Marx Tyree, SSJ and for the comfort and consolation of his family.
- For the repose of the soul of Anthony William Winfrey, grandson of SK John Winfrey, Master of the Archdiocese of Washington District, and for the comfort and consolation of his family.
- For the repose of the soul of SK Dieudonne Ndouga, FDD, PGK, State Advocate of the District of Columbia State Council and for the comfort and consolation of his wife Kat.
- For the repose of the soul of Christine Arena, sister of our Assembly's own SK Stephen Feiler, FDD, PGK.
- For the repose of the soul of SK Col. Bill McCarthy, USA (Ret.), PSD, FDD, PGK, PFN and for the comfort and consolation of his family.
- For the repose of the soul of Mr. Ernest Thomas, Father-in-Law of Fmr. Supreme Warden SK George Hanna, PSD, FDD, FM, PGK, PFN and for the comfort and consolation of his family.
- For the comfort and healing of Sam Alled as he faces cancer treatment.
- For SK Rev. Mr. Conrad Murphy, FDD, PGK in thanksgiving for his pending priestly ordination for the Archdiocese of Washington.
- For SK Rev. Mr. Matt Fish in thanksgiving for his pending priestly ordination for the Archdiocese of Washington.
- For the recent graduates of our local universities - particularly of our recently graduated Sir Knights - for success in their efforts to find employment.
- For His Holiness, Pope Francis, that God may protect him from his enemies and grant him the courage and wisdom to guide the Church in these turbulent times.
- Standing in Solidarity with His Holiness, Pope Francis, for the sick, distressed, and impoverished throughout the world and recommitting ourselves to serving those in need wherever we are present.
- That the Holy Spirit enlighten elected officials to adopt laws, and judges to make judicial decisions that affirm the family and the authentic nature of marriage.
- For the mission success and the safe return of all military personnel, especially those deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, the Horn of Africa, and other combat zones throughout the world.
- For those men and women who have served, especially those who suffered serious combat injuries, and we pray for the souls of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives in the service of their country.
- For Saint John Paul II’s intercession, in praying with him for the Church as well as for the good of our society and for the family.
- For the Canonization of our founder, the Venerable Servant of God Rev. Fr. Michael J. McGivney.
- For Catholic Military Chaplains and for an increase in vocations to the Catholic military chaplaincy.