The James Cardinal Hickey Assembly #2534 of the Knights of Columbus has been a national leader in the Order and among all civic groups and associations in our support of remembering the fallen – those who served our nation and paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.
From direct support to Military Chaplains and the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA (AMS), to creating and publishing the Armed With the Faith prayer book, the Hickey Assembly serves our military daily.
For almost 20 years the Hickey Assembly has served our Nation in the following major initiatives:
- Providing the initial KofC seed money to begin development & fundraising for the World War II Memorial;
- Overseeing the gilding of the Inaugural Address of President John F. Kennedy, a Fourth Degree Knight, at his gravesite at Arlington National Cemetery;
- Providing Logistics, Color Guard, & Honor Guard at the annual AMS Memorial Mass;
- Creating the Armed with the Faith prayer book with 600,000 copies published for US military personnel;
- Regular volunteering & providing donations of wheelchairs to the VA Medical Center in Washington, DC;
- Hosting the annual AMS Co-Sponsored Seminarian Labor Day BBQ;
- Direct material support for Catholic VA & Military Chaplains in the Washinton, DC area;
- Funding the annual Air Force Chaplains' Retreat; and,
- Annual Christmas Bags program benefiting homeless & destitute Veterans in the Washington, DC area.
Your assistance in our Wreaths Across America fundraising efforts not only help us fulfil our mission in providing support to our men and women serving today, but to Remember, Honor, and Teach about those who have fallen in support of our nation.
Join our team today and help us raise funds to cover every Christian grave at Arlington National Cemetery this Christmas.
It's never too early to give; It's never too late to thank those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Help us by Making a Donation Today!